1.3
Layout of Store

We are expecting our first child in Feb. of 2017 and my husband and I registered at Babies R Us for our showers.

I highly recommend to any new mom looking to register her to go somewhere else. As if being pregnant wasn’t stressful enough BRU just added extra stress to it. You would think registering and receiving all the new baby items would be the fun part but it has been nothing but a nightmare. 1) When my husband and I went to register we had of course scanned items based on us having a boy.

So when scanning pacifiers/bowls/spoons anything that you could get in either pink or blue we went with blue. Once we got home and I was going over what we registered for I noticed that it was full of girl items. I figured we must have scanned the wrong bar code and would have to go back so I deleted it all. When we went back in for our second trip I had made a comment about this to the girl working the counter and she tells me that it is there job to ask if we are having a boy or girl so they can set it up in the system.

It then would have put the correct items on the registry. That was one extra trip we did not have to make if they would have done it correctly the first time. 2) We registered for a matching crib and dresser set. We had received the crib as a gift and my family was going to buy us the dresser.

When they went to purchase it off the registry the dresser was nowhere to be found. I looked through the website, the registry, the items purchased and it was just gone. I talked with someone in customer service and all she could say was she couldn’t find it either and we were pretty much out of luck. At this point I was panicking as we had already built the crib and now had no dresser to match.

I had to call the manufacturer for them to tell me that it was on backorder and would be available again the end of Dec. We now have to call BRU back and advise what we were told and now they tell us that they knew it was on backorder and it would appear on my registry again once it was back in stock. The warehouse even said that they would give us a call when we could order. Feeling better about the situation we wait a month and still no call about the dresser.

So one day I am scrolling through my non-purchased items and there is the dresser! NO call from BRU like they said they would. So we get the dresser ordered and they say it will deliver in 2-4 days which I expected to be delayed due to the holidays. So a week has passed and still no dresser.

So on the phone again with BRU and they said it shipped via Estes and we need set up a delivery appt with them. My thought is was anyone going to contact me and tell me this information or was it just going to sit at the warehouse until I finally called for the millionth time! We finally have the dresser and surprise still no call saying it is back in stock and we can order again. 3) We had a family member go to order our stroller and it said it could only be purchased online.

So when they go to purchase it wasn’t allowing the transaction. Another call to BRU to be advised that the stroller is discontinued and no longer available. AGAIN WAS NOBODY GOING TO LET US KNOW! My registry is linked to my email and they have no problem sending me promotions daily but you can’t let someone know when something is on backorder or discontinued on the registry so we can work on finding a replacement.

I know that if you register at Target for an item that is being discontinued it makes you aware of it in case you want to pick something else. Are you telling me BRU can’t provide you that information when they update your registry or send an email saying “FYI this item has been discontinued please remove and pick out a different stroller.” Throughout this whole process I have spent more time on the phone with BRU asking them where items on my registry have gone, why they are just deleted without making us aware of it and nobody can ever give me a straight answer. This was supposed to be the fun part of my pregnancy and because of their lack of customer service I have spent more time upset and frustrated worrying about my baby room not being complete on time!

All the big items such as the rocker and pack n play that I have on my registry I will not be purchasing from BRU. I will be going to Buy Buy Baby or Target, companies who seem to understand how stressful of a time this is for pregnant moms and make it a stress free easy transaction!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Babies R Us. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Babies R Us to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Babies R Us and babies r us customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Southampton, Pennsylvania, United States #1270889

WOW. So not suprised.

I hate this store. My mother in Law purchased two cribs for our soon to be twins. They said it would take 2-3 weeks to arrive and we'll get a phone call to pick it up. My mother in law called 3 weeks later and nothing, it did not arrive.

Two weeks after that we had a family dinner at the same mall Babies R Us is located. After dinner we stopped in and sure enough they were there and the customer service rep stated that the cribs were there sitting there for 3 weeks. Seriousally this place sucks and is was over priced. Since then we had our baby shower and recieved a ton of Babies/Toys R Us gift cards.

We decided to order online and of course they shipped us the wrong order. FFF--- Across the board.